Growth Circle: Women Scaling their Leadership
An intimate experience for professional women who want to expand their leadership capacity without losing themselves.
Carolyn Coughlin and Judy King
Workshop format and audience
- The Women Scaling their Leadership Growth Circle is an intimate experience for a small group of 6-8 women whose particular stories will differ from one another, but who are facing a similar need to lead differently and who want to do that without losing themselves in the process.
- It is for women who have experience managing people but are now being asked to scale their leadership in some way. This could mean managing more people, managing a larger budget, or simply moving into a position characterized by less direct control and much more uncertainty. Where stakeholder relationships are both more important and less clear, where enabling is more important than doing. Where who you are being is more important than what you do or produce.
- We welcome and encourage women from a wide range of industries, geographies, and cultural, racial, socioeconomic, academic, and sexual orientations.
How we will spend our time
- Each participant will begin with an intimate 1:1 Growth Edge Exploration conversation with Judy or Carolyn. Following that, the group will meet together for two hours each month (three hours for our first Circle) over six months, supplemented by individual and pair work between sessions. The monthly sessions will be organized around a light structure to support growth and exploration while also being grounded in participants’ most important individual and collective leadership challenges.
- This journey will offer opportunities for you to be both met where you are and also stretched, all while connecting deeply with other women who are in a similar place on their professional and developmental journey. This will be, above all, a place where you can challenge yourself–even be uncomfortable from time to time–in an environment of complete safety.